We would like to offer you reassurance during this difficult time if you or a loved one are thinking about seeking treatment at Salus Withnell Hall.
Salus Withnell Hall continues to operate as normal and we’ve taken several steps to ensure that our service operates safely and with minimum disruption.
Here are some of the measures we are taking to ensure the continuity of our service whilst protecting the safety of our staff and residents:
- All staff are checked to ensure they are not exhibiting symptoms and should any staff, or their immediate relatives who they have contact with experience symptoms, they will be told to remain isolated at home for a period of fourteen days. All guests are also checked on a daily basis to ensure they are not exhibiting symptoms, including temperature checks and physical observations.
- Both resdients and staff have been reminded about personal hygiene and encouraged to wash their hands frequently and cough or sneeze into tissues. With this in mind, extra hand wash, sanitiser and tissues are located in all communal areas of the building.
- We have increased our housekeeping hours in the facility to ensure day all surfaces undergo a thorough clean twice a day to minimise any risks with extra attention being paid to bathrooms, dining rooms, food preparation areas, door handles, light switches, lift buttons, computer keyboards and remote controls.
- Our assessment and admission procedures have been adapted to ensure we are screening potential residents before they even arrive at our service and no residents will be admitted to our service who don’t meet the strict criteria for admission.
- All family and non essential visits to the services have been restricted.
With the increase in threat of Coronavirus (Covid-19), please be assured that Salus Withnell Hall are prioritising the health and wellbeing of both residents and staff.
We have taken several proactive steps to face the challenge and we continue to be advised by the government, the World Health Organisation (WHO) and by our own regulatory bodies as we will continue to monitor developments to ensure the actions we take are comprehensive and suitable, while ensuring we can continue to be able to provide a service to our residents and help them lay the foundations for long term recovery.
Look after yourselves!
The Salus Withnell Hall Team